BUY A BUSINESS
"Let me find the right business for you. I've introduced numerous buyers to their dream business and successfully closed the deal. Becoming your own boss is a big change, I'll be there to answer any questions you may have and walk you through the process every step of the way."
Alan Dufty, Business Broker
ALAN'S CURRENT LISTINGS
Construction Hire Company = Money-making Machine
Asking Price: $10.064M
• 2022FY projected earnings looking to exceed $2.5 million
• Established over 20 years ago and an industry leader with an outstanding reputation
• Operating within a niche sector with a point of difference
Highly Productive Home Office Run Business
Asking Price: $890K
• Consistent profitability 2021FY $403K cash surplus to Vendor
• Huge pipeline of forward work already exceeding 2021FY
• Organic growth built from exceptional reputation in the market-place
• Experienced tightknit team with excellent staff culture and retention
Flavour Tech and Manufacturing - Highly Profitable
Asking Price: $4.250M
• Established over 30 years ago
• Profitable - 2021 Cash Surplus $1.049M
• Manufacturing, Wholesale/Export plus Import Distribution
• Exclusive agencies with well-recognised international brands
• State of the art laboratory, manufacturing and bottling plant
$uccessful Northland Beautician Clinic
Asking Price: $445K
• Small, easy to run and profitable
• Loyal clientele
• Consistent, incremental annual growth
• 2021FY cash surplus to the Vendor of approx $235K
• Picturesque, beach location - high growth area
Exceptionally Branded Gin Company - Low Hours + Great Margins
Asking Price: $195K
• Fledging gin distillery already showing rapid growth
• Quality branding with over 40 stockists (and climbing)
• Excellent margins with potential to be highly profitable
• Currently run part-time, 20 hours per week
THE PROCESS - Buying a Business
If you're interested in one of the businesses listed above, please don't hesitate to give Alan a call or fill in the Contact Form and he will get in touch. Alternatively, click the Find Out More button under the relevant listing.
Before sensitive information regarding the business can be disclosed, you must first sign a Confidentiality Agreement (CA). The CA can be submitted online via the listing's Find Out More button which directs you to the Barker Business Brokerage website. Alternatively, please contact Alan direct and he will email the CA to you.
Once Alan receives the signed CA, he will call you to discuss the basics of the business and answer any questions you may have. If you are interested in the business, the Business Information Memorandum (IM) containing the finer details and financials can then be supplied. After you've carefully considered your options, including how you might finance the purchase of the business, you may want to meet with the business owner. Alan will arrange for this to take place either after hours at the business premises, during business hours at Alan's office or at another location convenient to all.
If you are keen to proceed, it's time to submit an offer on the business! Alan will draft up a Sale and Purchase Agreement including any terms and conditions re due diligence, finance, the deposit and anything else specific to the type of business. You'll need to review this draft with your lawyer and if necessary, make any additional changes. Once you are satisfied with the Agreement and have signed, Alan can then present the offer to the business owner.
Once both parties have signed off on the Agreement it is then dated and the business is formally under offer. Due Diligence (DD) is conducted usually taking 10 to 15 working days. Any other conditions are to be satisfied over a set period specified within the Agreement. Alan will be supportive throughout this process ensuring information is flowing and both parties are happy. If everything meets requirements and finance is obtained then the Agreement can be declared unconditional.
Congratulations, you're one step away from being the proud owner of your new business. Generally there is some down time between the business going unconditional and actual settlement. This gives both you and the vendor time to get everything in order. Again, Alan will support you through this final stage and assist or update you when needed.